Records show, it was in the reign of the Emperor Akbar who granted formal permission for the construction of a Church near the Fort in 1595. On the order of Emperor Jahangir, it closed in 1614. Ten years later the Church was re-opened but in 1632 and on the orders of the orders of the Emperor Shah Jehan it was demolished, even though various missions continued to live and preach in Lahore.
Two centuries later , the Church was again established at Lahore by the British. Today The Cathedral Church, Lahore is the Centre of the Lahore Diocese, which was carved out of the Diocese of Calcutta, the largest Anglican Diocese in South East Asia, in 1877, which included the area up to Delhi, East Punjab, Kashmir, Afghanistan, with some responsibility for the southern states of the Arabian Gulf
- St. Mary’s Cathedral, Tokyo, Japan (planbox.wordpress.com)