Karachi Colonial Architecture “The Holy Trinity Church” is located on Fatima Jinnah Road, it is one the oldest and the largest church in Sindh. Holy Trinity Church was built in 1855; it was designed by Captain John Hill of the Bombay Engineers and is one of the first major churches of Karachi. It went under major restructuring due to foundation weaknesses; its eight story tall tower was unusually tall and was used as a lighthouse for ships approaching the Karachi harbor. It helped generate funds for the maintenance of the church. The square tower rose to about 250 ft or so made a suitable lighthouse and landmark for vessels approaching Karachi harbour. In 1905 when the foundations showed signs of weakness, the tower’s upper portion was reduced and it is now 110 ft tall. The hut style roof was also changed to now visible curved top.