Father Pedro de Vergara was the first parish priest of the Apalit Catholic Community separated in 1597 from the parish of Calumpit. From 1641 upto 1645, the first Apalit Church and Convent was constructed during the time of Father Juan Cabello as parish priest. The Neo-Classic church in the present facade was built by Father Antonio Redondo when he was the parish priest of Apalit from 1873 to 1886. The church was finally completed in 1883, after seven years of work. The size of the Church is 59 Meters long and 14 Meters wide. The towers were completed under the guidance of Rev. Toribio Fanjul in 1896. In 1989, a major church renovation was initiated by Msgr. Rustico G. Cuevas. The whole town of Apalit helped either with monetary donations, personal service or with their good wishes, today they very proudly mentions their contribution towards the construction of this historic Church.