Xikai Catholic Church is located at the west end of Binjiang Street of Tianjin, it is the biggest Catholic Church in Tianjin. It is also called the “French Church” because it was first built by French bishops. The church comprises of two parts – a chief church and a cathedral, which were built by the French Catholic Church. The chief church was constructed in about 1913, while the cathedral in 1917. Total height of the Church is 45 meters and total area of the church is 1,585 square meters. The design is typical French Romanesque building that is now decorated and open to the public. The chief church of Tianjin catholic parish moved from the Wang Hai Lou Church to the Xikai Church. From then on, the Xikai Church has become the center of Tianjin Catholics.