It was the Christians in Qinghua University who first gave donations and purchased six commercial apartments on Haidian South Street. The church was named “the Evangelical China Fellowship”. It was on October 6, 1915, that it then started serving the public. In the Fall of 1925, the congregational church officially approved that the Evangelical China Fellowship be renamed “Haidian Christian Church”.
In 1930, members of the church initiated a fund raising program, and successfully purchased a piece of neighboring land, Yu-ma-quan. In 1931, the Board of Directors decided to rebuild all the residential buildings and the chapel. The project started on March 9, 1933; the corner stone was set on April 10, and the construction was finished on June 15 in the same year. The entire project cost 4,540 Silver Dollars, and there were about 500 members in the church at that time. After the Cultural Revolution, the church was reopened on May 12, 1985, and the church established the Haidian Three-Self Patriotic Committee Group (TSPCG).
The old Church building was demolished and a new, larger church was erected in its place. Designed by German architectural firm GMP International GmbH, the new church is an all white ultra modern structure with innovative design. On August 1, 2005, the Foundation Laying Ceremony of HCC’s new building was held. The construction work was a great testimony of God’s love working through the support of the local government, and through the devotion and perseverance spirit of God’s servants and church members. On May 31, 2007, HCC held the Inauguration Ceremony in the current location, and worship services have been held each Sunday in this location ever since then.