Saint Michael’s Catholic Church located on the northern end of Zhejiang Road, on top of a steep hill in Qingdao’s old urban area. The Church was originally named St. Michael‘s Catholic Cathedral; it was constructed in the shape of a Latin cross by the Germans in 1934. It is the largest Gothic architecture in Qingdao. The church was build of yellow Granite and reinforced concrete. Its surface is engraved with beautiful traceries. The windows are of semicircle arches shapes and the windows of the church are covered by colorful glass patterns depicting stories from the Bible. The roofs and interior columns are painted yellow and white while the traceries and architraves are painted gold. Above the gate there is a huge rose window and beside it there are two clock towers. The height of the tower is 56 meter. On top of each tower there stands a 4.5m cross. Within the tower there hang four big clocks. Once striking, they could be heard thousands of miles away. The hall, rising to 18 meters at the peak of the roof, can seat more than 1,000 people. As one of the major Catholic churches in China, the majestic structure with a main building stretching 80 meters in length covers area 2,470 square meters.