The Church of St. Cajetan is located near the Se Cathedral Church in Old Goa, North Goa district, India. The church was built in 1661 by Italian friars of the order of Theatines, who were sent by Pope Urban VIII to preach Christianity. The church is dedicated to Our Lady of Divine Providence, but it has been name after St. Cajetan, the founder of the Order of Theatines. The shape of the main body of the church from inside is a Greek Cross, while from the outside it is oblong in shape. There are many recesses running along the sides of the vault that contain wooden statues of various saints.
The Church of St. Cajetan has been constructed using laterite blocks and has been plastered with lime. The architecture of St. Cajetan Church is pretty much similar to that of the other prominent churches of Goa, it is inspired the Basilica of St. Peter’s in Rome. The exterior has been inspired by the Corinthian Style while the interior is intermingling of Mosaic-Corinthian Architectures.
The magnificent façade facing west features towering Corinthian Columns supporting a central pediment above which the twin belfry towers arise. The body of the church is divided into a nave and two aisles. There are three altars on each side of the main altar. The three altars on the left side are dedicated to the Holy Family, Our Lady of Piety and St. Clare, while the altars to the left are dedicated to St. John, St. Cajetan and St. Agnes.