St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church in Phoenix, AZ,
was started in 1958 by a few Serbian Orthodox families that wanted to conserve their Orthodox faith and pass it on to next generations. The church hall was built in 1961 where Divine Liturgy was held as well as fund raising functions that helped facilitate the building of the actual church in 1974. The church hall was expanded in 1983 with an addition that was used for Sunday school classes.
With the expansion of parish came the need for more space. It was decided that a building just for religious educational purposes should be built. Construction of this building began in 1997 and was completed and consecrated in 2000. That building is beautiful Cultural Center of St. Sava that holds Sunday school classrooms, church offices, library and bookstore. Over the years our parish has expanded to a few hundred parishioners on a weekly basis and over a few thousand Serbs and Orthodox faithful of other nationalities during the holidays of Easter & Christmas
- The Cathedral of Saint Sava (planbox.wordpress.com)