St. Nicholas Roman Catholic Cathedral , Kiev, Ukraine was constructed from 1899–1909 and was built in a Gothic type construction, it was designed and supervised by Kiev architects V. Gorodetsky and E. Salya. The St. Nicholas Roman Catholic Cathedral is the second Roman Catholic cathedral built in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. It was only in 1909 that the Roman Catholic Cathedral was consecrated using the name of Saint Nicholas.
Just a little later a triple storey house was built to the left of the church in the familiar Gothic style and was to be used by the existing parish clergy. Like most churches at the time the St. Nicholas Cathedral was used during the various battles recorded in Ukrainian history, such as the Soviet period in 1938. During the USSR times, when religion considered to be detrimental and unfavorable, cathedral was closed for public worship, in the beginning of World War II in the building was placed state regional archives.
Today the building is shared between the Roman Catholic Church of Ukraine and the National House of Organ and Chamber Music. In December 1978 Council of Ministers passed a resolution about creation of the Republican Hall of Organ and Chamber Music of Ministry of Culture and remaking the former St. Nicholas Roman Catholic Cathedral room into its concert hall. Today the St. Nicholas Roman Catholic Cathedral is no longer a religious building, but instead has become the National House of Organ and Chamber Music of Ukraine after its restoration in 1979 to 1980.
Since 1992, Catholic Masses and concerts have been held here. Bishop Jan Purvinski consecrated the cathedral and a Mass was celebrated there on 4 January 1992. Currently, it belongs to the Kievan Municipal Department for Culture, but the Roman Catholic Church hopes it will be returned to the local Latin rite Roman Catholic community.
It stands at vulytsia Chervonoarmiyska (Red Army Street) in Pechersk Raion next to the National Linguistic University of Kiev between the National Sports Complex Olimpiysky and the Railroad station Kiev-Tovarny.